The main goal is to reinforce the Universities of Maghreb within its innovation ecosystem due to the capacities, cross-sectoral partnership and leadership in order to:
• Adapt its positioning according to the evolution.
• Create the collaboration between public and private partners for the networking and the harmonisation of the university systems.
• Support the cooperation between both shores in order to achieve the Euro-Mediterranean area of Higher Education, Research and Innovation.
• Contribute to the long-term improvement of the area’s performance level in the Innovation and Technology Transfer field.
• Increase the project’s action ability through the geographical and institutional enlargement of the partnership.
• To create a high added value formation in innovation and technology transfer for 24 centres.
• To improve the quality of the public research results management: enhancement, marketing, speeding up, start-ups, entrepreneurship + women.
• To structure 6 university acceleration offices in the innovation network.
• To support the PhD students professionalization.
• To contribute to the young graduates employability.
• To increase the territorial cooperation through triple helix alliances, innovative ideas seminars, the skills transfer.• To promote the innovation culture through the constitution of elite pole “Euro-Mediterranean leader of innovation and transfer”.
The fourth steering committee of the SATELIT project "Academic Solutions for the Euro-Mediterranean Territory Leader of Innovations and Technological Transfers of Excellence" is organized in Hammamet in Tuni
Beyond the development of knowledge, the University is destined to play a significant role within the economic development and the employment of the students it has trained. In particular, PhD students who participate in the production of scientific results for the university, and which can be sources of innovation and job creation. However, there is a lack of university infrastructures dedicated to innovation and technology and they need to consolidate their position in the innovation chain.
Taking into account passed experiences, the European Cooperation projects in Education combining University, Enterprises, Ministries, Associations and Public bodies on the challenge of entrepreneurship, employment of graduates, the triangle of knowledge, innovation, between the three Maghreb countries and the North shore of the Mediterranean, treating a common issue to be solved together, in a constructive vision, are quite exceptional. In some Universities of North and South...
The impact of capacity reinforcement, making the knowledge and technique advance, is in first place expected from the Universities, the improvement and the professionalization of Innovation and Technology transfer University offices, which will offer a better level of service to the Teachers-Researchers and PhD students. This improvement will position the Universities or it will strengthen their role in the ecosystem of the innovation chain, in their local environment and will have a lever effect on the PhD Students employment increase...